Fast cutting speed is a major advantage of laser cutting, which is an important reason why many sheet metal processing users choose laser cutting machines.
However, laser cutting is not as fast as possible. Only by controlling the optimal cutting speed can the cutting surface be smooth and free of dross.
The power of the laser will affect the cutting speed of the laser equipment, and the cutting speed of the laser equipment will affect the cutting quality of the plate
Under the condition of certain laser power, there is the best cutting speed range. Too fast or too slow will affect the flatness of the cutting material surface.
Cutting speed is too fast
1. The contact time between the laser beam and the material is short, which may result in failure to cut and sparks.
2. Some areas can be cut off, but some areas cannot be cut off
3. The whole cutting section is stratified, and the cutting section shows a diagonal stripe road (stainless steel)
4. Melting stains are generated in the lower part, which seriously causes the sheet to be unable to be cut off in time (carbon steel)
Cutting speed is too slow
1. The time of the interaction between the material and the laser increases, resulting in the over-melting of the cut sheet, and the cutting section is rough
2. The cutting seam will widen accordingly, causing over-burning in the small rounded or sharp corners, and the ideal cutting effect will not be obtained.
3. Low cutting efficiency affects production capacity
Method of adjusting cutting speed
1. Reasonable cutting speed: cutting sparks spread from top to bottom, the cutting surface is stable, and there is no slag at the bottom
2. Cutting speed is too fast: cutting sparks are inclined
3. The cutting speed is too slow: the cutting sparks are not diffused and less, condensed together